BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, July 07, 2006

Some NFL News

There was a story today on ESPN.com about a football player who was suspended for taking a banned substance. I thought "Hey, at least they're starting to crack down on some people". Then I read the article, and it turns out that the suspended player is the punter for the Broncos. Way to go after the big fish, NFL. You don't want those punters to be too hyped up on the juice, things might start to get out of hand.

What's even more disturbing is that I read the article, and the guy is going to lose $328K for the 4 games he's suspended. His yearly salary is $1.395 million. For punting? Really? How hard can that be. Some games he may come out 3 - 4 times, and all he has to do is kick a football? This guy's not even the kicker, who scores points and whose kicks matter. The punter is the most useless player on the team, and he makes over a million dollars a year? Can I try out for his job? And since he plays for Denver, half of his games are in thin air where the ball sails with no problem. $1.395 million? For one year? Do they give him extra money because of the eminent danger of squirrel attacks in the Denver area? Hey, Denver Broncos, throw some of your extra money my way. I cheered for you in Superbowl XXXII, you owe me!

0 comments: