Friday, January 23, 2009

Gimping around.

Here it is, quarter to midnight on a Friday night, all my family is a snooze in their beds, and I for the life of me couldn't fall asleep. I layed there for nearly 2 hours listening to Cameron's gentle breathing (aka: snoring) to no avail. I guess the reason for that is probably the fact that I have been nothing but lazy for the past 4 days. Granted, I should give myself some credit. I had a "procedure" done on Tuesday-just one step closer to the inevitable surgery, and it went well. Cameron was able to work enough last week to take Tuesday off, and planned to work from home on Wednesday, giving me time to recooperate. However, when I was being discharged from the hospital on Tuesday evening, I was informed I couldn't lift anything heavier than 10 pounds for the next 5 days. Say what?! I guess I had ignored this little detail the other 6 times I've had this same procedure done, seeing as how the last time I was 17, with ne'er a care in the world. Somehow this news came as more of a shock since my "baby" does nothing but eat all day, and has the physique to prove it...weighing little less than her siblings. No problem...Cameron was able to arrange to work from home Thursday and Friday as well, leaving me to feel completely useless. Not only does he get to work from home for at least 8 hours a day, but he has to take care of every need the kids have. I can't squat down on the floor, so I can't change diapers, I can't walk up and down stairs easily, so it's easier to send him to get things, I can't even pick the baby up from her nap. Come to think of it...this is starting so sound very much like how our Christmas break went for me as well, so I really shouldn't blame my laziness on being a gimp for the week. I'm just glad that Cameron CAN help, and more importantly DOESN'T MIND helping out at times like these. I'm also thankful for good friends that we can rely on when we are so far away from family that will do ANYTHING for us. Whether it be watching our kids, calling to check how we are, or feeding us dinner, I don't know how we could make it without them sometimes!
Now, just so ya'll know, everything went well, my doctors saw everything they needed to see, and hopefully by this time next week I'll have a surgery date set. YAY???
Anyway, there is other news around here. WE GOT NEW FAMILY PICTURES DONE!!! YAY!!!
Cameron and I had decided that before the "big day" we had to get new family pictures done, because:
1-the last "family" pictures we had done were at Bear Lake, and if you recall, Cameron wasn't in them...

and 2: The time before that we got them done at JCPenney, did not have the best experience, and left with this lovely souvenier that totally shows Soni's personality...

I hope you caught my sarcasm there...

Anyway, this time we decided to ask someone we trusted, and had seen his work before. Kevin Parker (an awsome Jack of all trades in our ward) and his amazing wife Marnie took us out this afternoon to the park where we had the most AWESOME photo shoot ever! The weather cooperated, the kids behaved, and while I don't have a picture to post right now, I am confident that the results will be amazing. I was amazed at how down and dirty Kevin was willing to get to get good shots. It was definitely money well spent, and we are just sad they will be moving in the next year, and won't be around to do this for us in the future. I promise I will post pictures as soon as I have them.

Well, since I have been writing this for an hour now, I suppose I better go back and try to sleep. After all...I've got a big day of DOING NOTHING ahead of me...I need my rest.


The Johnson Family said...

I am so glad to hear that the procedure went well. I hope you have a speedy recovery. I would take full advantage of the "light duty". We will be thinking of you guys.