BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, November 20, 2006

At least she's honest...

I guess the best place to start is the beginning... Earlier today, I was upstairs with the kids. Andi and Dylan were fighting over whether to watch the Disney Channel or Cars, and since Andi is older, she won. Peyton was happily playing on the floor, only fussing when a toy he was playing with rolled just out of his reach. Andi responded to this by saying: "Mommy, Peyton is sad, I think he wants to sit in my Princess chair, here I will help him." I calmly explained to her (for about the four billionth time) that she is too little to "help" Peyton move anywhere. I told her not to try to move him, that only mommy or daddy could do that. She seemed to accept it, and she sat in the chair herself.
A short while later, I noticed it was time to make lunch. The kids had requested Mac and Cheese, so I opted to leave a happy Peyton upstairs, so I wouldn't have to worry about him around the stove. Before lunch was ready Dylan came downstairs to "help" me set the table, but all he was doing was pulling random utensils out of the silverware drawer. When lunch was ready, I called Andi down, and while waiting for her, I decided to sweep the "kitchen" part of the floor, since I don't do it as often as the "dining room" part. Andi came down, and I casually asked her what Peyton was doing. I expected a response such as: "He's pwaying on da fwoor", or "He's sweeping." But instead, she said very frankly: "He's sitting in my princess chair, and wearing my tinker bell hat." I asked her again, with the same response, so I did what any good mother would do. I grabbed the camera, and headed upstairs to see what I would find. Here is what I found when I reached the gameroom:




Yeah, so she didn't listen when I told her not to put Peyton in the chair...at least she's honest about it. I was also too busy laughing to discipline her. Sometimes being a mom is, well, interesting. I hope he survives into adulthood!

2 comments:

Cam said...

Knowing her you probably could have guessed that he would end up in the chair. But the hat? Too funny. Your day is funner than mine.

Sami said...

I kept trying to get him to look at me for the picture, but the hat was so big, he couldn't see where my voice was coming from. It reminded me of putting a blaket on our dogs growing up to perform the "stupid test" and see if they could get out. He just kept thrusting his head from side to side. Didn't seem too terribly upset by it though.