BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Who says we have to let it go?

For any of you that know our little family very well, you know that yesterday was a solemn yet joyful day in our household. A day we had been anticipating for some time. A day that Cameron especially was so excited about, that he acted like a child counting down to the last day of school. No, he didn't ACTUALLY mark the days off the calendar with a thick red marker...but I know he probably wanted to, and was most definitely doing it in his head. What, you may ask, could cause such longing and delight in the heart of a 30 year old man? Well, I'll give you a hint...





That's right! High School Musical 3 was released to DVD and Blue Ray yesterday, and there was much rejoicing in the Carter houeshold. Believe it or not, I completely forgot the impending date. Don't worry, I'm on Cameron's list for that one...I shall never forget something so important again. I actually had a dentist appointment in the morning, so Cameron took the kids to get an oil change, and pick up a prescription for me while I was at said dentist appointment. When I came out to the car, the first thing I saw was the newly purchased prize nestled safely between my seat, and the seat of my HSM obsessed spouse. Needless to say, we allowed the kids to stay up a little late last night so that we could commemorate the occasion with the ever important maiden viewing. While lacking in refreshments (we opted not to give the kids candy and treats since they were already getting to stay up later than usual) the interaction from the viewing audience (i.e. Dylan and Peyton) was unbeatable. From Dylan's break dancing to every song, and Peyton's back up vocals to "The Boys are Back" a good time was had by all!

Now, while we were excited for the release, the day also came with some bittersweet emotions. This, as you probably know, is the third and final installment of the High School Musical enterprise. However, thanks to Disney DVD, we can relive Senior Year as many times as we want. Believe me when I say we will. If Mr. Ortega is ever looking for an honorary cast member, he should look no further than my dear husband-he already knows all the songs.
So, in closing it is with a heavy heart that I say so long East High, goodbye Wildcats, and don't let the door hit ya Sharpay...

3 comments:

Unknown said...

You guys are so funny. I guess we'll have to borrow them all so Jared and I can see what the heck the kids are carrying on and on about...

Cam said...

I'm not even embarrassed by this post, though I probably should be at least a little bit.

The Johnson Family said...

I really liked High School Musical....but I am a little behind because I have only seen the first one and that was only a couple of weeks ago. Looks like I have some catching up to do.
I got your mssg on my blog. We are going to name our baby Cora. I think I definitely commited to the name by making that thing with a big C on it. I have always loved the name Cora.