BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, February 12, 2009

Aching Arms

So the other morning I woke up and my whole left arm was sore. It was sore all day long. Why? I have no idea. I must have slept on it wrong. You know you're getting old when your body is sore when you wake up in the morning. Luckily we just recently bought a new mattress along with some bedroom furniture that should be here sometime within the next decade. That may help my body to not hurt all over in the mornings, but I kinda doubt it just because I am that old.

Anyway, the next morning I woke up and my left arm was fine, but my right arm was sore. It was hard to pick things up. It almost felt like I had done some forearm exercises, which I knew wasn't the case since I haven't lifted free weights in . . . nine years. I chalked that aching arm up to being old too, until later that night. Sam's siblings have gotten Wiis recently, and every now and then we play Mario Kart over the internet. I've been practicing playing a lot lately because I was tired of losing to Sam's Brother's wife. I pulled out Mario Kart again and noticed, "hey, my arm may be hurting because I am pressing down on this button for two hours straight." Yeah, I strained a muscle playing Nintendo. I may as well buy a walker and a wheelchair now, because it can only go downhill from here.

6 comments:

Brooks said...

That's great, Cam. How hard are you pushing down that there button??
I feel your pain, though. I once strained my arm muscle, giving birth. How does one even DO that? I don't know... but it sure did kill. Thank goodness for Tylenol with Codeine.

LeAnn said...

yep. we often get "wii thumb" at our house.

LeAnn said...

Oh, do you remember me from Fallon? Our first Sunday there your fam and my fam were invited to the Crawley's for dessert. Remember? That's ok if you don't, I know you're getting old.

Cam said...

LeAnn, yes I remember you. When did Jeremy join the Navy? I remember some guy at church told him he should do it, but we moved before he did.

LeAnn said...

Lol--lots of people from church told him to join the Navy. He joined the Navy after he was laid off from Preferred and also worked a few months at the Walmart distribution center. I guess it was June 2007. The boys and I moved to Utah while he was at basic training and I found out--three months later--that I was pregnant. So we now have a cute little girl. She'll be 1 next month. We're living in Virginia now and really like it.

Mandy said...

I was pretty sore after playing wii bowling until 3am on new year's, but I'm not sure wii sports and mario cart are in the same class of activity.